Retirement Fears

We speak with longing of the day we say goodbye to the daily grind, and hello to the leisure life. No one speaks of the fears that lurk behind the hype. What about 'one foot in the grave' or 'kick the bucket'? This is my attempt to make sense of all those fears that are encroaching on my much coveted anticipation of retirement.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Ultimate Fear

There are subconscious fears tied to retirement. The ultimate fear woke me in tears. I dreamed I lost me beloved husband. It's that 'one foot in the grave' fear. I know he's been worried about it too. He always says, "I'm not going to live long. I've been working around gas fumes most of my life. I have this constant cough. I could have a heart attack." We've heard of people that retired and died shortly after. How do you banish those fears?

No comments:

Post a Comment