Retirement Fears

We speak with longing of the day we say goodbye to the daily grind, and hello to the leisure life. No one speaks of the fears that lurk behind the hype. What about 'one foot in the grave' or 'kick the bucket'? This is my attempt to make sense of all those fears that are encroaching on my much coveted anticipation of retirement.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Worry Lines

I'm surprised I don't have more of them--worry lines. We have a 2 week lapse in health insurance, as I will now pick it up through my district. I've been having more heart palpitations, which causes more worry. I haven't had my echocardiogram for 2 years now. The 'what ifs' are setting in. I'm beginning to see things through the eyes of loss. Settling down to sleep, I glanced over at my dear husband. He was already peacefully asleep. I was seeing him through the eyes of worry; my heart ached thinking of being without him. I hate these feelings of fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment